Sunday, March 9, 2008

sick.

Ms. A is a 26 y/o female presenting with a productive cough, fatigue, muscle ache, fever, and nasal congestion. This is no patient. This is me. Sick. I have no time for this. I've got my board exam next Saturday, this was my weekend to study! I have no sick time at work (that doesn't start until 6 months after your start date). And I have some sick patients to attend to! How inconvient!

Yesterday I couldn't move. I laid in bed, attempting to reposition myself every two hours to avoid pressure ulcers and keeping my head and chest elevated 30% to avoid a pneumonia. I pressed the call bell and no one came. Luckily I made it to the bathroom without falling and no nurse caught me sneaking around without my walker. I'd hate for them to throw a posey vest on me. Thank god that OT didn't come around and ask me to get up and go brush my teeth or fold someone else's laundry! Although I would have appreciated an OT helping me figure out a study plan for the week. Setting myself up so I'd feel confident about the board exam. Yeah, that would have been helpful.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Good luck for your exam! Just try to relax- since you've already been working before the test you've probably had plenty of experiences that will help you answer the silly questions.

Cheryl said...

Good luck on your test! Since you've been working already before the test you've probably got a good enough understanding of entry practice to get the silly questions right :)

Note to readers...

All names and identifiers on this website have been changed to protect confidentiality. Any similarity to anyone living or dead is strictly coincidental.