Monday, May 21, 2007

Graduation Saga

The grand finale felt more like the grand fiasco. I was sick as a dog (what does that cliche even really mean?), it poured nearly all day, and one of my closest friends and classmates could not partake in the ceremony. Plus my family was in town meeting my boyfriend's family, yikes! (all went well though). It was all a bit much for me and I found myself fighting to enjoy the moment. There were some great ones though like all of Katie's speech and when Andrea gave me Sharan's flowers! Also I couldn't stop staring at Sharon Ray, the woman had the biggest smile of anyone I'd ever seen. I'm home now for a week and then will be back in Boston for a week preparing for fieldwork which starts June 4th. Can't wait for that to begin!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

amanda, i am so excited for this blog. i think i might copy you and make a second blog to dedicate to the same reason. i hear you on the graduation fiasco. i realized today why i found that day to be so hard as i drove by the science building where we had OTS 106 with andrea. so many memories. i don't think i want it to be over. i am so excited to get out there and start working. but these two years have been so momentous and powerful in my life's journey that i have noticed that this change from student to professional (sort of) is really hard for me. i love all of my classmates and have truly been blessed to be among ALL OF THEM. it is going to be so hard to be out there on my own. i want you to know that you have made an everlasting impression on me. i am so glad you won that award. so deserving. you are truly going to move mountains amanda. you are an inspiration. thanks for your warmth, positive energy, leadership, dedication, enthusiasm, and beauty. you are truly remarkable. and i loved your comments about sharon ray. i have to say that i was so impressed with the excitement from her and the fasculty (janet was out with her camera at phase II taking pictures of us, the few that went). sharon went around table to table congratulating each student at the lunch in BSOT and then i am sure she said the same to each student as we passed by her on the stage in the chapel: "i am so proud of you". my thoughts were that she now finds us as colleagues and her attitude and respect for us has changed? just a thought.
well, amanda, good luck with the fieldwork and i am so excited to keep updated via your blog. let's see how many other BSOTers we can get to do this fun chronicalling.
xoxo

Note to readers...

All names and identifiers on this website have been changed to protect confidentiality. Any similarity to anyone living or dead is strictly coincidental.