Monday, January 14, 2008

waiting

If you are an OT student, reading this post could save you much anxiety. Well, at least help you anticipate the anxiety. Okay, actually this may prematurely create anxiety and probably shouldn't be read at all. But let me just tell you- going through the licensing process is long, tedious, and confusing! Here's been my experience so far... Finished fieldwork Dec. 14th, NBCOT closed Dec 15th (until Jan 3rd)! Meaning no online applications, no processing of paperwork, nothing. I setup my start date at my new job for Jan. 14th (today), but am still awaiting the arrival of my temp license which was held-up due to NBCOT's convenient 3 week closure. So basically I may be missing out on a week's pay and this month's orientation because someone hasn't gotten to my file yet which is just sitting on their next. Not that I'm placing blame, directly, I understand that Sally the assistant has 45 other files to review, but are they all supposed to start work today? My guess is no.

Phew. Needed to get that out. It's just so frustrating- checking my email every hour of every day to see if I've gotten the temp license numbers and not knowing when I'll actually start, could be tomorrow, could be next week. But I suppose things could be worse. I'm not totally strapped for cash (thanks to the $8 million in student loans) and I do get some extra days off. Good practice in learning to enjoy the moment and attempting to appreciate this current state of limbo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that sounds really frustrating! and i also think you're right to try to enjoy the time off when you can... also, thanks for sharing, because i'm totally going to be in the same boat next year, so it's good to know what to expect!

Note to readers...

All names and identifiers on this website have been changed to protect confidentiality. Any similarity to anyone living or dead is strictly coincidental.