Thursday, August 23, 2007

Eve of the Last Day

Tis the eve of my last day of fieldwork. Can't believe how fast these past twelve weeks have flown by. Wish I had something real inspiring to say, but right now my brain is pretty shot. Ready for some time off. One month till I begin my second level II fieldwork at a private pediatric clinic.

I suppose if I was to something of worth right now, I'd talk about how much I've learned from everyone- from my supervisor and everyone in the dept to each patient. I'd probably mention how fulfilling it has been to have been such involved with so many strangers so intimately. Hmm, that sounds a little off. See my brain has "fallen out." Think what I'm trying to say is that there is something very powerful and moving in assisting people with their daily activities. Washing someone's feet, shaving a man's face, helping a woman don a bra... I will miss these unique moments of human connectedness. These moments are now "tattooed on the surface of my heart."

It's been real. See you in four weeks!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations Amanda-the end and the beginning;inexplicable tied somehow?

Remember, I'm here if you need me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this blog! It's really nice to have an idea of what is ahead... (especially since I'll be at the same site in a year!) and I've enjoyed reading about your thoughts and experiences. I hope you are having a wonderful month off!!!

:),
Reese

Steph LeBlanc said...

Yay! You're done with one. Now you get to come home and visit me. I miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

So, what about some post FW thoughts now that you've had a week away?

We miss you and Mr F sends his regards!

Note to readers...

All names and identifiers on this website have been changed to protect confidentiality. Any similarity to anyone living or dead is strictly coincidental.